If you have visited the Course Registration Plan webpage prior to December 1, 2020, to ensure you are on the most recent version of the plan, please clear the cache of your web browser before proceeding with completion.
Step 1: Apply for Student Financial Assistance
Step 2: Submit the Course Registration Plan
October 31, 2021
for the start date of
January 1, 2022
Your completion of the two steps above will initiate critical processes including completion of Provincial or Territorial program information forms and confirmation of enrolment forms by AU and your funding agency.
- If you are not yet a student at Athabasca University or you need to change or enrol in a program, please complete the General Application Form.
- New students will need to submit the one-time non-refundable Application fee.
- Apply online at Undergraduate General Application Form.
- For assistance with assessing your readiness to attend AU as a full time students or career choices please contact Counselling Services through the Counselling Appointment Form or visit the website at Counselling Home - Athabasca University.
- If you are waiting for an evaluation to be completed you will need to consult with a Program Advisor to help you select courses you are not already receiving transfer credit for. Contact Advising Services through the Advising Request Form.
Full Time Students
- Students can apply online for financial assistance from their home Province. Your home Province is the Province you lived for 12 consecutive months before you became a full time student.
- Processing of applications may take up to twelve weeks from the time that complete documentation is submitted. Students should apply at least four months before their anticipated start date.
- Your loan must be approved or first semester tuition fees paid by the first of the month prior to your intended start date.
- Once you have applied for your student loan you will need to complete the Student Financial Aid – Course Registration Plan—Full Time form.
Part Time Students
- For part-time studies you will need to complete and submit the Part Time Application form applicable to your home province. Your home Province is the Province you lived for 12 consecutive months before you became a full time student.
- Once you have completed and submitted the application form to Athabasca University you can then complete the Student Financial Aid – Course Registration Plan—Part Time form.
- Students may take one, 3-credit course or up to a maximum of three, 3-credit courses per six-month semester. Students may apply for only one semester per funding period (not multiple semesters). Please apply at least four months prior to your intended start date.
- You will need to register and pay for the course(s) by the 10th of the month prior to your start date. If you are not registered into the courses the funding (if/when approved) will not be released. Students are required to register and pay tuition fees upfront as part time funding is not available by AU's registration/tuition due date.